Friday, June 01, 2007

Backyard Pictures

I hope this is a good enough update guys... I've gotten lots of complaints that I've not posted more pictures of the back yard. I hate doing it right now because the weeds are comming in and there is construction mess everywhere. As you can see I have moved along a bit further. I have completely emptied all the pallets I purchased from Lowes, that plus the several truckloads I bought before is about 600, 60lb blocks. I have really enjoyed having to say, "I did this all by myself, just me and my shovel." But luckily Kenny has finished school so he has helped me a bit since graduation. He helped me dig and gravel fill the trench in the top left picture. The dirt here was solid clay, and too hard for me to chissle through myself. I'd still be working on that section if he didn't come out to help me. He also helped me a lay a little bit of "used" sod last night at midnight. I use the word "used" due to lack of a better one. One of Kenny's co-workers is giving us some sod he is taking up to make room for a new porch and shed.

Now that the majority of the base row is laid, the rest should go down in no time. I need to go to Lowe's today and order another 270 more. As I suspected, after the weather went above 75 degrees work slowed down tremendously. So, we'll just have to see how much work we can get done in the evening.

1 comment:

Athena said...

Moving right along! :) Keep it going! It looks great. :)