Thursday, May 31, 2007

ARGH! The BBC is Killing Me!

2005 was the beginning of a new era for me. It was the year that finally, after many years of coaxing by friends, I saw the show Dr. Who. It was being produced, yet again, for the BBC and I was able to watch on my favorite TV block, SciFi Friday. I have friends with black and white video tapes of Dr. Who seasons and movies from all the way back to 1963. And while I've not yet ventured into watching Dr. Who fokelore. The new Dr. Who program has sucked me in weekly. My kids are even silent for the hour that it's on.

But this morning my hubby sent me this URL http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2007250185,00.html
and upon reading it I just about cried!!! How can they do this I just got hooked!?

The Ninth Doctor, played by Christopher Eccleston, was my first Dr. and the one I'm most attached too. It was devistating to see him die and be replaced by a new Dr. But such is the way of Dr. Who, I knew that it would come eventually and I was prepared (mostly) for it. I've settled in with the 10th Doctor, played by David Tennant. He's taken my family on some wonderfull adventures as well.

I will be super ANGRY when the show ends!! like even more than "Firefly was cancled!" angry.

They better at least leave me with Torchwood (Dr. Who spinoff) though it won't even be close to the same.

1 comment:

flarin_erin said...

I have been given hope... Guardian, a media source from the UK has smashed all hearsay of Dr. Who being axed.
The executive producer is getting tired of the job.
"But there isn't any way it would be axed even if he left. He loves the show and he does feel that maybe it would benefit from some new blood."

I'll just keep my fingers crossed!