Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Once Upon a Time...Far, Far Away...

Due to popular demand Chloe had her first eye exam today. And for good measure I had an exam as well.

It turns out Chloe is quite far sighted. The exact opposite of what Ken and I suspected. I guess at a young age eyes can focus in on almost everything. Just how hard they're working to focus is the question. Her eyes are always working to focus so they get tired and sore. So even though it seemed like the far away TV was making her eyes sore, it was more likely the activities during school that made them tired. So, she picked out some nice frames and we ordered them. She should be wielding some fancy new glasses by the end of next week.

The Doctor didn't know exactly what to say with my eyes... I see great, but I can see a little better if I wanted too. So he left it up to me. Since I was already writing a 109.00 check to the optomatrist today I decided that I can live without glasses for awhile longer.

1 comment:

Athena said...

Well congrats to Chloe! That should help her feel better. :) And I understand your plight. We have to get a new pair for Nathan every 2 years or so, and that's the only time I ever think to get mine checked. I've actually been meaning to for like 6 months now, and I just never remember at the right time of day to make an appointment... And now I'm pregnant, so it's pointless. LOL. So far my eye doctors have always told me "Your vision is perfect", but the numbers never are, and I *know* my husband can see about 10 times better than me with his glasses on. Unfair! LOL
PS. Like how I wrote a whole book to your blog? Sorry! :P