I made my largest thai meal last night. It seems that each time I make it I make one new dish and keep all the rest in the meal too so that I can get practice on them. So our dinners keep getting larger and larger. We had Kenny's parents and niece over for Thai and Wii.
I have to tell you that I made the thai chow mein with fresh noodles on friday for my good friends Ken and Joan and it was awfull. I thought using the fresh noodles would be better but thats what I get for steering clear of the recipe which stipulates instant noodles soaked in water.
So I went back to the instant noodles for the dish last night and it came out perfect. I also made jasmine sticky rice, beef in oyster sauce, and I had my first attempt at satay. It was sooooo good. The satay and peanut sauce were delicious!
Kennys parents said they had never had thai before and they seemed very happy with it. Lots of servings went out. The thai chow mein was gone, as well as the rice. Just a small serving of beef in oyster sauce left and 3 out of 17 satay sticks were left.
If you're ever in the mood for an adventurous meal, invite yourself to dinner!
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment