Saturday, December 16, 2006

Midnight Snack

After Ken and I went to bed last night at about midnight we heard some footstep noises in one of the kids rooms. I needed to take Ainsley to the bathroom anyway so I got up to check on the noise and to shuttle the girl to the toilet.

I step in the hall and look a bit in Nic's room. His light is on and I can see him standing by his bed. I start to scold him for being up and about. As I get closer to him I can see that he has a bag of peanut butter chips. I first think he is eating them straight out of the bag, then I see the block of cheese then the measuring cup filled with peanut butter chips and baking soda! Oh boy, he's cooking again! I call Kenny to see, just because it's pretty cute and it's hard to believe the amount of things he has brought to his bedroom to use to "cook". He gets scolded pretty good, has to help me clean up the mess and then he gets three swats on the bottom. He put out his pouty lip and ran to his bed :)

It's hard to be mad at the boy when he does such cute things.

1 comment:

Babyfro said...

That is quite cute. It would be hard to be mad... I wonder if my child will be a chef.