Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Trip to the Dentist

The girls had a visit with the dentist today. By the way, I really like our dentist, if you live around the Tri-cities in Washington State check out Lifetime Dental. Dr. Brier is really a great dentist and he's not too hard to look at either. Both girls did great. They sat in the chair and let the hygenist count their teeth and polish and floss them. They even were happy to get flouride treatments. Ainsley chose banana split flavor and Chloe picked mint. Dr. Brier came in and looked at their teeth and they both got great reports. Dominic watched as his sisters got the special treatment, but was still very sure he wasn't ready to sit in the chair this time. He's scheduled for an appointment in October so we'll have to get him prepared.

While I was there, I picked up a referal to see an oral surgeon about my wisdom teeth. I've been putting it off for years. But, I got a routine x-ray of my jaw in february and before the doctor even came in to look at it, I knew that they didn't look good. They're really close to my back molars. Digging in sideways towards the roots. I really need to get them out, and soon! I'm kind of nervous though. I'm very sensitive to all narcotics, and I don't know how we're going to go about pain management for me. It may be that I decide that the alergic reactions are more tolerable than the pain and go with the narcotic treatment. I don't know. . . I'm sure I'll figure it out.

No comments: