Wednesday, April 26, 2006

To Fence or Not To Fence

Well I tried to get some laundry done this morning while the kids were "playing in the back yard". I was interrupted by a knock at the door. The mailman was there, with a very unhappy expression on his face and he angrily told me about my girls who were running back and fourth across the street. WHAT!!! They were running across the street. Chloe was upset that she was caught and knew she was in trouble and accepted that there would be no outside time for 3 days. (punishment for them and me I suppose) Though Ainsley was totally denying the charges. The postman must have nothing better to do then make up accusations about 4 year olds running around in the street. He likes to get little kids in trouble. Ainsley went directly to the bottom step of our stairs (our timeout) not for playing in the street, but definately for lying. Then when she was able to tell the truth she also accepted the no outside time for 3 days.

We've been preping ourselves for construction of the terraces in the backyard. Ken has the next 8 weeks off school and we really need to get grass back there. The weeds are a little out of hand. But I've spoken with the kids before, they know they're supposed to stay in the back yard. We may unfortunately need to focus our efforts on building a fence to keep control of our kids.

2 comments:

Karcaw said...

I'm Thinking you need to set up a dog run line, and tie them to it.. that would be good..

:)

flarin_erin said...

ya, someone else suggested shock collars.