Monday, April 24, 2006

The Last Square of Toilet Paper

I happened to be in a bathroom the other day. I use them every now and then. I relieved myself of some fluid and went to get some toilet paper, low and behold I wipe!
I was quickly distraught at the state of the roll of paper. It just so happened that the kind person who used the restroom before me left me some toilet paper on the roll, the last square that is still attached to the roll with glue. I wasn't at home so I couldn't do what I typically do in these situations and call for one of my family members for assitance... no, I was in a new bathroom environment. I quickly looked through all the obvious places for spare toilet paper rolls. All the cupboards all the drawers the little cabinet over the toilet. Nothing! So I had to make the best of the situatation and utilize the remainding sheet. I carefully pried the delicate tissue paper off the cardboard roll, being sure not to rip it anymore than it was. Success! I had my precious sheet of paper in hand.

Now I'm a woman, and women leak. It's a fact of life that men just don't understand. We need toilet paper! I like several layers between my hand and and my unmentionables.

I contemplated what to do to make this tiny sheet of paper worth anything. So I start to fold the square. I folded, folded and folded it many times untill it was the size and shape of a small cotton ball. With a heavy sigh, I proceeded to dab myself dry.

A few grumbles and a handwashing later, my ordeal was over. Please be sure to stock your toilet paper, and never leave only 1 sheet of TP on the roll.

No comments: