Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Irish Protestant,Pinch Me!

When I was younger, my mother always dressed me in ORANGE on St. Patricks day. She always told me that Catholics wear green and Protestants wear orange. Which is true, that was at one time the tradition (I looked it up). I would argue and argue with her about it, because to tell you the truth, none of the kids, in my school, knew of this "rule" and I would undoubtedly be pinched throughout the day. We wern't even practicing protestants, so why the heck did it matter.

Now I'm not either protestant or catholic, but I would like to wear colors on St. Patricks day. Though, perhaps I could get away with white. The color in the middle of the Irish flag which stands for peace between the Catholics and the Protestants. I did see several shirts with the whole Irish flag on them or maybe I'll just wear the one that says Erin go Braghless! Never do I find such complications with choosing a color to wear as I do on St. Patricks day, most likely from the beatings I took at school.

I was voted most Irish in my elementary school... It was in Hawaii though so I definately was the only red head with freckles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.... Wow...
Well, I learned something new for today. Thanks. But still... wow. haha