Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm 5 now! I Get to Have My Teeth Fall Out Now!

So, last Tuesday was Ainsley's 5th birthday. I have to admit I completely forgot it!

Well, I didn't completely forget it I guess. We had been planning to have her BIG party on the 20th. I really hate BIG "kid" parties, but occasionally you have to have them. I only have to invite the Tenney's and the Felix's and we have 10 kids, add Cierra and then it's whopping 11. I love them all, but it can be a bit much to arrange a party to suit them all, for me anyway.

Anyway, we had been planning the party for Saturday the 20th. I had Saturday on my mind. So when the 16th came, it didn't even occur to me that it was her birthday. That is, until 10pm. I first berated myself for forgetting and being a "bad mom". Then Ken and I went upstairs to tell her Happy Birthday. She didn't understand. "My birthday is on Saturday," she said. I had to emphasise that it WAS in fact her birthday. She got a HUGE grin on her face and hugged us and said, "I get to be 5 early. Now I get to have my teeth fall out!" She was so happy that she was 5. She didn't care that I forgot. All that she was interested in, was the excitement that circled around teeth falling out.

No comments: