So a few days ago I made Kenny a new website. The old one was basically a plain black and white resume posted up, nothing but text. He wanted me to make him a page where he could post projects and stuff.
So I flexed my fledgling html/css muscles and whipped up a simple site for him. You can see what I've done so far at www.kschmidt.us It's still just his resume but he has space, if he takes the time, to share ideas and projects on it. I'm planning to get to the lab to see the finished expansion of the MSCF and maybe get pictures of the computers and a different picture of Kenny.
I suprised myself with this site. It only took a days worth of work to get it up, including the color scheme and GIMPing of the gradient background and stripe background. I know that's not really the best time, but for me it was lightning fast :D
I put up some stats I found on the computers, so that the resume page wouldn't be so lonely. They may be out of date. I don't know anymore. I do know that there is stuff on the EMSL/MSCF website that predate Kenny's employement there. It's frustrating to me that the site maintence is so so POOR!!!! How do you guys expect to hire top notch scientists when, if they do a search for EMSL MSCF they find THIS.
It's also frustrating to me that some of the group members are not listed on the staff page. Including Ken! I don't know why this bothers me so much. It's bugged me for over a year now.
Get on the ball guys, get someone to maintain this site and that means more than the home page. It's how the world see's you.
eh well at least it looks like MPP2 is there, but most of the info on the MSCF website is from 2003 :) It just seems so wishywashy sometimes. Is it really that hard to evaluate it just once every year or so and see how archaic the information is thats on it and try to update it.
That was my rant for the day. :D
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yah, I'm a little surprised nothing has changed. When I left in 2004, they were supposedly updating all the staff information on the website. I was supposed to get my picture taken for the MSCF web page, but I left before that happened. Pretty crazy that nothing has bee done since then.
There aren't 4 login nodes, only 2 - unless you count the node that accesses the world, then there are 3 - but only 2 of those were provided by HP.
hehe, got the info from the internet... i should believe it right because everything on the internet is true.
Post a Comment