Yea Haw! What a great yard sale! We topped our previous best of $600 at the Meadowsweet Street Address and made a whopping $800! Mostly made on Friday, for some crazy reason Fridays are the key yard sale days here in the Tri-Cities. But after bringing in almost $700 in on Friday, the yard sale was still worth it, even if we didn't make anything on the second day. So I was more than happy with the hundred bucks or so today.
We moved a lot of stuff. I filled the tables 3 times. There was a lot of tables out, so that's no small thing. But the greatest thing ever happened after 2 today. A yard sale shopper came and got all of our left over stuff and hauled it away! It was the greatest thing ever! I can't express how insanely happy I was when he hauled away the two big tables with decaying computer surplus covering them and all of the towers and electronics under them. He took all that junk away that has been waiting to go in the trash can for over a year. He not only took the useless computer crap, he came back with a bigger pick up and hauled off the remainder of the yard sale fodder. It was absolutely fantastic!
So I have found an extra 150 square feet of floor space in my garage and I am thrilled!
We did succumb to others enticing yard sale items. Luckily not nearly as much as we got rid of. The neighboring house was having a yard sale today, I think it helped bring people to our "second day" sale. They had a lot of furniture items for sale. We felt the urge to buy two desks, we'd been talking about desks for the kids for a while now, so seeing two REAL wood desks we gave in and got them one for $25 and one for $15. Chloe was so happy when we told her we got a desk. She's using it right now to write a thank you note to Greg for some stuffed animals he gave her. I got some nice pilsners from Ryan and Cindy and a ton more very handy things from Greg. A humidifier, a wireless keyboard/mouse for Ken's computer, a mouse pad, a coffee press, and a few other things came home with us. Thank you guys!
That was a fun, profitable, junk expelling and exhausting yard sale. Thank you so much Evan for letting us take over your living room and yard, and thank you everyone for adding lots of great junk to the sale.
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
PS, the beds sold for $50.00 a piece
Congrats! :D And I'm glad all the hard work on the beds paid off. :D
Post a Comment