"Get Up Mom" said Nic this morning as he peered at me from the side of my bed. We had slept in a bit and Max was due to arrive at any moment. All the kids were a bit on the malbehaved side of things and were a little loud. I think it was because we skipped nap time yesterday and they were all tired still. Max knocked at the door and Nic ran to meet him, "YEA! MAX!" he cheered. Marc settled Max in and headed out the door for work. Kenny sat down and the computer and started what appeared to be working. He was staying home this morning to accompany us to the movie theater to see the free summer showing of Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the WereRabbit.
The movie was cute and funny and everyone was having a good time, wait... whats that I hear. Sniveling?! Sobbing?! Crying?! Max was absolutely distraught. Apparantly he has the DVD at home and the movie reminded him that he had this particular movie and that he shouldn't be in the movie theater with us watching it, rather he should be at home with his mommy and daddy watching it. I quickly tried to get his mind of things and asked him what he wanted for lunch. He wasn't taking the bait at first... "Do you want a grilled cheese sandwich like yesterday" I asked, he continued to sob and seemed confused. "When we get home we're going to have lunch" I said, "would you like a ham sandwich?" He looked at me and said, "no" in his typical whiney Max voice. I said, "hmmm maybe I could make you a big peanut butter sandwich!" knowing that he absoutely abhores peanut butter. He definately heard this and quickly insisted on a cheese sandwich instead. I agreed and said, "okay after the movie, we'll go home and have grilled cheese." This seemed to console him and he continued to watch the movie quietly untill the end.
After lunch I put everyone in bed for quiet time and went out to the garage to continue sanding the toddler beds. I'm on my second one and today. With the movie, I'm much further behind than where I want to be. So far, I've only got the top of the rails sanded. Luckly, I don't have any thing scheduled tonight to occupy my time. Keep your fingers crossed that I can at least finish sanding the beds tonight... I really need to paint them tomorrow so that they're ready to be sold on friday. Though I am considering taking the paint back and selling the beds as unfinished. That way people can paint/stain them what they want to and I don't have to do the work.
My Garage is coved in dust. Dust, dust, everywhere. On the floor and in my hair :)
I've got quite a bit more to sand, so it's not going to end anytime soon. I can't wait for these beds to be sold and the large entertainment center that's in my garage. I really, really want to use that space. For parking my car and for working on projects I want and need for my own house.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment