So yesterday we had a birthday bash for my mom's 50th birthday. It started about 3:00 here at the house. The kids colored pictures for her and my brother and I gave her cards and roses. We had some cake and ice cream and I beat her at 9 ball. We watched the kids and Jared play Dance Dance Revolution.
At 6:00 we took the kids to my sister-in-laws house to be watched while my brother and his wife and Kenny and I took our mom out to a dance party at Jack sons sports bar. Live music was supposed to start at 8:00pm but because of technical difficulties the music didn't start untill 9:00. The band was pretty good for a Tri-Cities band. A few of my mom's girl friends from work came to the party and we all (except for Jared and Ken, the DD's) Drank and Danced and had a blast. I hope my mom had a good time because I know I did. Ken and Joan showed up late and sat and drank with us and wished my mom a happy birthday and bought me a shot of tequilla. My brother took my mom home at 11:30 and Kenny and I left shortly after that. We drove all the way to Kennewick to get the kids from my sister-in-law. She was on a tow truck run and Great Grandma Wells was there watching the kids. I felt imesely guilty that we had stayed out later than we anticipated but with the band starting an hour late we really were short on entertainment time as it was, with a 6.00 cover charge I wanted to stay later :P Yesterday was the hardest time I've had in a long time finding a sitter for. Lori is in UT and my MIL was in Portland. And my back-ups were all busy as well.
It was at least an hour from the time we left Jacksons to the time we got home. We stayed up and watched TV for a little bit and then went to bed around 1:30. I acutually feel great, woke up at 7:30 ready to do some work for the yard sale.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"...Jared play Dance Dance Revolution."
Now that is a funny mental image. Are you sure it wasn't Kenny, I hear he is a pretty big DDR fan.
Post a Comment