Calm, independent, very affectionate, alert and devoted to people. The Shar-Pei is a wonderful companion and family dog. He is equally adaptable to indoors and outdoors, protective but not vicous, quick to learn, good with children when properly introduced, obedient and eager to please his family. He is very loyal to his family and loves them unconditionally. The Shar-Pei does not need a large amount of exercise, most will exercise themselves if room permits. But they do love to go for a walk, on a lead and if you only have a suburban block, this should be done as regularly as possible.
Poodles are extremely people-oriented dogs and, therefore, are eager to please. They are excellent watchdogs, but unlike some working breeds, don't usually become "one-person" dogs when they are part of a family. Standard Poodles in particular tend to be good with children. When they are from good bloodlines, all three varieties are fairly mellow dogs. Poodles are adaptable and easy to train. They don't require as much exercise as other hunting or working breeds (even the Standards), but being agile and athletic, they appreciate lots of exercise.
I'm trying to get a Shar-Pedoodle. I've been looking at the poodle mix breeds for years but the price tag on them has been a little to much for me to swallow at around $1500 and up. Kind of early timing, with the yard not finished, there is a litter of Poodle Sharpei mix dogs at the humane society. My friend is confident that no fence actually makes for a better trained dog. But I would like a place for the dog to have some "free" run time. I'm kind of already hooked. I've been thinking of names and looking at the cost of crates, food etc... stuff you probably shouldn't do when you're just "thinking" about getting a dog.

No comments:
Post a Comment