Monday, May 22, 2006

If You See the Mean Red Ants Say, ROJO --dora the explorer

First imagine a large dog, a boxer or lab playing tug of war... grabing ahold of the rope with his teeth and swinging his head violently to try and get the rope from you.

We finished the wall yesterday between crazy storm fronts. Hooray for us! With it not backfilled and the ditch on the other side, it looks like a castle fortress surrounded by a moat, I need some crocodiles and a drawbridge now. After I get batteries for the camera I'll take some cool pictures of where I'll make my last stand :)

As we were hauling railroad ties to the wall I felt something in my armpit. Something fricken bit me in my ARMPIT! I grabed my pit and tried to get the small insect away. It fricken bit me again, this time it was like a tiny ant sized dog gripping my pit like it was a tug rope. I blindly grabbed at it, this time squashing it and brushing it to the ground.

A large red ant had fallen off of the timber we were carrying, down my shirt sleeve and bit me. I've never been bitten by a red ant before. Oh, it hurts! It still hurts and there is a nice welt in my armpit where it itches and burns. That area of the yard is definately going to get a good coating of ant bait later this summer.

No comments: