Monday, June 09, 2008

The In-Betweens

Avatar is, by far, my favorite animated series on TV these days. A good 50% or more of my TV time consists of cartoons, so it is saying a lot. I've always preferred toons and with kids it just kind of helps to enjoy them right along with them. Writers strike besides, it is the in-between time for Avatar. I know the animators and producers are hard at work on the awesome next seasons story, so I am patient. Sad, but patient.

In-Between time is usually filled with an animated series that I've not seen yet, but I've seen all of Oban Star Racers, W.I.T.C.H. (movie coming out soon), and can act out all of Kim Possible by heart. All of those I highly recommend. This time I tried, Danny Phantom and Jake Long, American Dragon and I wasn't able to get into them. Maybe another In-Between time for those two. I was, however, able to get interested in Ben 10. There are 3 seasons and 2 movies and we're working on downloading them so I can see them from the beginning.

As with all important TV show's we pick, the kids are so into it. The story is deep enough that the Adults are into it. It's a very excellent fantasy story of a boy who has inherited an awesome responsibility of protecting Earth from Aliens with his super watch (omnitrix) that gives him alien powers. It like Kim Possible meets, X-files, meets Men in Black. Anyway, thats how were spending the In-Betweens this Spring. Can't wait to see them all. Can't wait for the return of Avatar!


Nic 10


**Just watched the first episode of Ben 10 returns, a new season of Ben 10 for my watching enjoyment!

1 comment:

Babyfro said...

All cartoons I like as well!! hehe. However I see much more Playhouse Disney than anything else right now... it's sad I know the songs by heart.