I wish my mom was a crazy photographer and took pictures of some of the getups I went to school in. I vaguely recall pants which I glitter painted and stuck odd pieces of trash on, one piece of which was a thumb pop wrapper protruding from my knee. If I wasn't such a happy, innocent kid I would've recognized the phallic resemblance and have been quite embarrassed. I don't know if I could've been embarrassed though, that's the look I was going for. CLOWN, silly, happy, friendly... I don't know if you all remember me as such, but I did try to look ridiculous. My parents were not well to do and even if we had the money I never asked for clothing. I received hand me downs from my cousins who were more than decade older than me and they were in style so none of the clothes were simple jeans and T-shirts. The only way for me to make them "work" was to alter them so that they looked like I was ridiculous on purpose. I had fun doing the altering and of course the wearing. Hey, if I was going to get teased for my attire, I might as well make it count!
Anyway, even without the excuse of poverty, Ainsley is my little clown. Always happy, silly, friendly. She is definitely my daughter! Today is crazy hair day and the last day of school, so here is a picture of her waiting for the bus in Pajama's and with some pretty crazy hair.
1 comment:
Cute! :D
Post a Comment