


Here's some pictures I took of the tulips growing in my front garden. They were just so pretty I thought I had to share them with everyone. I don't have much in the line of flowers yet so I enjoy the little bed I have there in the front.I moved 51 blocks this weekend... more than that if you include the 30 I bought, loaded and



unloaded on Sunday. Kenny helped me lay the foundation, which is the most time consuming part of the whole thing, then I build up the wall! It looks great. The bricks actually are a lot more strain on my body than the wheel barrow loads and digging is. I'm pretty stiff and extra sore in the thighs and arms from all the up and down with the heavy blocks, but they should make for a very solid wall when I'm done. There is gravel base for water to seep through I'm not too concerned with the upper sections of wall... all my walls are under 3' and the soil is extremely sandy and, for the most part, the area behind the top most terrace will be paved with a concrete pad as well, reducing moisture by a lot by not having sprinklers run for a lawn. The upper right picture is the foundation for the wall I plan on building today.


Saturday, the girls went out to ride bikes after the Tenney party. Chloe requested that her training wheels be removed and after help from Dad and a few hours of practice she was riding a two wheeler all on her own. Go Chloe!

Our neighbors were all out this last weekend doing stuff in the yard. Doug and Lydia were weeding their slope in preparation for a vegetable garden. The Trimbles were rototilling their hill to prepare for simple seeding. The most surprising yard work was done by my neighbor next door. He told me he was going to do the fence this summer and the back yard landscaping next summer. But after a few talks with me to see what I was up to, he brings out the shovel and starts sculpting his hill similarly (but not as dramatic) as ours. I think I inspired him a bit :)

3 comments:
That's looking very nice! I wasn't totally sure what your plan was for the back yard, but I can visualize it now I think.
GO CHLOE!!!!!!!!!!! :D heehee
Are those 'spikey' flowers tulips too then?
Actually they are a type of daffodil!
WOW!
You are an awesome and determined woman Erin! I think it looks great, I wish I had a backyard so I could have "fun" like you. Best Wishes!
Congrats to Chloe!
Post a Comment