So I've been thinking about getting back into the natural birth community again. The only way I can do that, short of getting pregnant, is by becomming a member of the support crew. I've been told before that I'd be a great Doula (family birth assistant, very supportive person that helps with child birth instruction, labor and post labor). I'm calm and relaxed about birth which is important to help the family stay relaxed during the process. Last week I contacted my Midwife, Fran Wilson CNM and asked for her support and some direction with becomming a Doula. She thinks it'd be a great idea if I went to get certified as a Doula. Hearing that from her means a lot to me. It's a nice feeling to have a professional think you'd be good at something.
Who knows, if I like it enough I could go to school to become a Midwife myself. That'd be pretty cool I think.
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think that would be really neat! I think you definitely seem like the type that would be good at it. :) Definitely give it a serious look anyway. :)
ma(doula)-oblangotta?
hehe, I said the same thing to my doula friend when she was talking about it a few weeks ago.
Post a Comment