The ground was all covered in frost this morning. Good thing I got the trees in the ground yesterday. I was worried that I wouldn't get them in the ground before the ground froze up, but it seems I barely beat my deadline.
I worked so hard the past few days getting that strip of land ready for the little hedgelings. Tilling a 80x5 foot strip of packed soil, by hand, with a fricken hoe, is far from easy work. But it looks nice now and all the remnants of overgrowth that happened this last summer, like the tumbleweeds and chickweed, have been removed or tilled under. The soil is nice and soft now and the trees took to it quite nicely. I planted 15 leyland cypress. Yes, I know they have to be trimmed. But they grow fast and I'm interested in that feature. I put wood chips down around the base of each tree to help keep it a little more covered up this winter. I'll need to get more before March for weed suppression and I'll need to put pre emergent herbicide on it to keep the monster weeds at bay.
So ya yesterday was halloween too! I painted the cutest mural in our front window this year. I wish I had fricken batteries for my camera so I could show all of you. Not to mention it would've been nice to show you the adorable costumes my kids wore. This year was a much shorter run than previous years with the kids. It was fricken cold. We bundled them up pretty good and they went out door to door with their cousin Cierra and the neighbors, Kensie and Natalie. They only filled half of their buckets before returning to thaw their little frozen hands. Nic stripped during this break grabbed a pillow and blanket and crashed on the living room floor. I have a feeling he was done. The adults taking them around (Kenny and Aunt Kathy) decided to not go out again. I have a feeling that 7pm was the finish time for most of the kids in the neighborhood. We had lots of trick or treaters before that, but then at 7, no more kids. The kids had fun, they were cold and over tired, but they had a good time.
Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment