Wow, I'm so cooked and tired and sore. What a tough weekend. My brains are all mushy.
We finished the bottom most wall. It's about 2.5 feet tall. We backfilled the bugger, talk about manual labor. Moving that dirt was a lot of work. A much needed THANK YOU to my brother Jared and my In-Law's for helping pretty much all day with that tough work in some very hot conditions. And THANKS to Don and The Felix Family for helping with a lot of very hard work and most importantly they kept us motivated.
My brother forgot to put on some most needed sunscreen and his poor fair skinned body is now burnt to a crisp. The sun gods were angry with him :)
Just when we were starting to feel like the day was over Evan and his family showed up and motivated us to start the next wall. We got the foundation set and started on the next row. They squeezed a few more hours out of our wilted selves. The saw is getting gooey and the drill bit is worn down and we still have 3 more rows of ties to do. *heavy sigh, at least it's only 3. But then the dirt moving will catch up with us again. :P
Kenny had the job of shopping this week and he only had to leave twice but homedepot drug their feet and it took him almost 5 hours to get 15 railroad ties. That's way worse than beaver bark, but still the ties were in better condition and much cheaper.
When he got back we were starving and put him on barbeque duty.
It's mothers day today I slept in a bit and ken made me breakfast. I got a new DDR mat for my PS2 and a new PS2 controller. I'm still so sore... I think I suffered from the d d d dehy dration. I needed some quality H2O. So probably going to drink somemore water and lay in my bathtub tonight. It's supposed to be in the high 90's all week, it bums me out. I don't think we'll get much done in that kind of weather. I really want to finish it and get grass back there, The dirt field really sucks.
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like you need a break. I know how yard work goes.. Adam and I are "recooping" ours so it looks good enough to sell the house. Turned out that the landscapers laid down bad soil and sod when they did it the first time. We've learned our lesson. WARRANTY'S!!!!
Post a Comment