Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween (for the big people)

We went to two great parties this year. It was nice because they were not on the same night, usually we only get to stay for just a portion of each party. This year though, we stayed for the whole shebang with each one. My typical safe bubble of friends were not at at the Cowley party, it was great though because I was "forced" to associate with, god forbid, new people. I've been going to this party for 4 years now and I actually talked to a lot of people for the first time this year. We were able to stay at each party without worrying about traveling mid drink, that allowed me to get completely inebriated.

Kenny and I cleaned up with awards for our costumes, guess the number of candies in the jar, and cookie design (I know there are pictures out there somewhere). I beat Evan for the first time in the cookie making contest. He may want you to believe that he just "decided" not to come. In all reality, I took him out. I couldn't stand the thought of losing to him yet another year.

I got completely shitfaced at Ken and Joan's Halloween bash. Drinks with more tequila than mix are always my friend. I even was okay the next day, just had to remember to load up on water consumption after midnight. (Again, there are pictures out there. Hopefully with my shirt down.)

I had a great time at both shindigs, I hope that the parties are split up again next year. It really made the parties way more enjoyable, even with one way early and one the day after.

No comments: