It's still early and I'm already seeing double. I usually don't have this problem until at least 1 or 2 in the morning. I am working on a research paper, it involves a LOT of reading. At least I'm doing a lot of reading, I don't know how much my peers are reading. Perhaps I've gone overboard. I really enjoy the studies, but sometimes I get so wrapped up in the work that it causes insomnia. I try to sleep, but my mind is on overdrive, and I can't shut it up. In order to try to wind down, I get out of bed, head downstairs, and continue to read. I read until I start to see double. Until I'm practically dreaming between lines of text. Then I know I can probably get some shut eye. I have the same problem with my art class as well. When I am excited about art projects my mind is so busy on dreaming up the projects that I can't do my book studies. So, it seems, it's one or the other. Either being creative with dreaming up art projects or studying. One or the other grabs my attention and holds on. It really makes multitasking or managing my study time difficult. It's almost impossible to stop my train of thought in order to slip some new book work in.
I've been ignoring my free writing, blogging, and any other recreational writing. I am obsessed with my current studies. I find that I don't put the fun stuff very high on my list of priorities when I have a lot of other, more formal writing due. It's probably not a very good thing. I do have to turn in a bunch of timed journal writing at the end of the quarter, I'm not very far into that work. I have less than half of the minimum required finished. I wish I could just set the timer and do blog entries and then just give Mr. Abbott the link to my blog. I might make more of an effort to do those graded blog entries :)
I have company tomorrow night. I was hoping that a deadline would encourage me to clean the house. I have one more day, good god I hope I can get it clean tomorrow.
Time to drink some sleepy time tea and try to get some shut eye.
Friday, November 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment