I've not mentioned our tivo abandonment before. It was extremely tough to get off the tivo fanboy wagon. I love tivo dearly. But the time has come to move on. We noticed that we were watching most of our television content off the internet anyway, Hulu... Joost... "other means". And knowing we could see HD quality local stuff over the air, it was time to take the next step and cancel our $60 dish network package and move to free TV. I have to say TV has never been so beautiful. PBS cartoons come in crystal clear over the air (which the Mac records for us) and John Stewart looks great streaming off of Hulu. It's been a good move.
Tivo is not completely forgotten. He will be moved to our bedroom where the Mac will forward shows to him so that we can watch our recorded content upstairs.

No comments:
Post a Comment