So, the downstairs got clean today (with the exception of the laundry room). We had a little party to watch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics... While we were at it we tried to watch Dr. Horrible, but it was pretty loud in here. Guests did stop occasionally and say, "Wow, Neil Patrick Harris is singing". If you've not seen it yet, check it out on Hulu. Even with the upstairs a stinky disaster area the house is cleaner than it's been in a long time.
It's 2am and I'm having trouble sleeping. Kenny is out like a light so no fun night time action there. I've made myself a little screwdriver and hope that puts me to sleep. I'm feeling a bit drowsy already.
The opening ceremony was pretty frickin' awesome. I can't imagine that the next country to vi for the Olympics will be able to beat the amount of money and energy spent on this Olympic ceremony. A LED screen floor used to help tell the history of China in dramatic arts was pretty spectacular. And a scrim topping the coliseum was used as a giant movie screen (eat your heart out imax).
Wow, I'm getting the sleepy eyes quickly now. Guess my nighttime cocktail worked.
Anyway, the ceremony was spectacular. Not sure it was worth the ba-gillion commercials the networks showed to help pay for the access to the
Olympics. But it was pretty cool.
Fading quickly... must go to bed before my eyes shut for the night.
Maybe I'll get the kids rooms clean this weekend. It'd be nice to have the house fairly organized before school starts. A purging of junk would be nice. I could stand to toss a lot of crap. (You still up for a yard sale Shayla?) I still have to do some school shopping. I have to make sure Ainsley has some clothes. I already picked up a few jeans for Chloe at Burlington Coat Factory, I think she is set.
I'll have to buy me some school stuff too. It's so exciting. Kenny has been so supportive. It's nice that he has the time to do so. I meet with a counselor on Monday. Hopefully the academic probation won't prevent me from opting out of intro to micro computers. We'll see, I think my options are going to be very limited until I clear that up. So, I know I'll at least be starting out with English 101. I bet my books aren't any good anymore and I'll have to get a new edition of them, doh!
Eyes starting to cross... ttyl.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment