So, My back yard is so neglected. The poor plants are all shriveled up, except for the thriving weeds. The grass is a bit on the dry side but it will survive. The poor garden supplied a few tomatoes a few cucumbers and a carrot here and there, but as far a being a production machine... it's more like a death patch. Even the hardy tomatoes are screaming for a break from the sun.
I'm not sure how to go about improving the quality of "life" back there. It's so exposed to the weather that July/August it's is just miserable for the plants and miserable for me. I was thinking of building a shade structure over the garden... I bet the veggies would be happy, I know I would be. But then I'd have to maintain the shade structure. The garden fence has been a bit of a pain, the lattice panels pop out with any serious wind and I'm too much of a weenie to fix it.
Anyway, I'm just complaining. It's easier than actually doing something to fix the problems. I really hate weather over 75/80 degrees, it really makes doing anything outside suck.
Friday, August 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment