Friday, July 18, 2008

MID SUMMER BRAWL 2008

Ladies and Gentleman, I welcome you to the annual MID SUMMER BRAWL! In one corner waiting to rip her opponents eyes out is the fierce,

CHHHHHLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEE!

and working together as a team is the spry, the cranky, the insane...

AINSLEY AND DOOOOOMMMMIIINNNICC!


Well, after about 6 weeks of being cooped up together in a tiny living room, with less sleep than usual, the kids, once again, are ready to go at it in a floor match. I should sell tickets. It'd be great entertainment!

Summer is tough, it's really too hot in our neighborhood for kids to be outside very long. It's been 103 every day this week in my back yard. There is no cool shady spots for a mid day reprieve. So, even if I do get them to go out, it's not more than 10 minutes or so until they are wilted and banging on the back door to be let in. If the TV is on, they will be quiet for an entire TV episode. I really hate this solution but I'm at a crazy point in the year. Either let them go at it or mesmerize them with the entrancing flashing lights of the monitor.

I'm not sure if it's as bad as I perceive it... I'm trapped in here too so I'm just as grumpy at times. I do know that we have bouts of irrational crying every afternoon from one or more of the kids and always arguments about some little stupid issue. This has more to do with the inability to go to sleep at their bed times and waking up before the sun. They are just worn out.

It's time to go back to school, they need a break from each other. I need a break from them.

2 comments:

Karcaw said...

Ok, so turn off the air conditioner... then wait.. soon it will be hotter inside than out, and then they will want to be out there..

Donald Swart said...

i like the solution of duct tape... LOTS of duct tape.