Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Bit Obsessed Perhaps

I spent the day looking again at text editors... Kenny suggested that I look at one called TextMate I took a peek, watched a screencast or two and downloaded the trial version. I like it quite a bit... what do you think?

I thought for awhile that my new laptop was going to end up being a very expensive text editor previewer. But Kenny saved the day and installed some of the oldest games ever and now I can play Sam and Max and Monkey Island anytime I want.

As if that wasn't enough, I did the despicable, and asked Kenny to install windows on the poor macbook along with GuildWars. So, until the bank account fills back up and I can buy some new mac games, I at least have Guild-Crack.

4 comments:

Shayla said...

Oooo...you traitor!! :-) We just started a trial up for Netflix to be able to watch the online stuff and Nate's trying to talk me into putting Windows on mine, too so I can watch on my laptop. I'm still resisting! Oh, and I use Smultron as my text editor on the mac and have been really happy with it.

N8 said...

I second Smultron! Great editor and it's open source too :).

flarin_erin said...

did you guys actually watch the screencast I posted? TextMate is pretty awesome.

Shayla said...

I watched it and it does look pretty awesome, I just can't get over the $64 price tag. :-)