Monday, March 03, 2008

Mr. Fix-It

Kenny's been busy fixing broken things around here lately. It seems like I've married Mr. Fix-It.

Our ice machine stopped making ice a week or so ago. Kenny just tore apart the freezer cleaned out the tray and put everything back together and now my ice tray runneth over! He fixed the ice machine... I didn't have to call Sears and spend a fortune on a new one or on a repair man. Hooray for Kenny!

Last week, on my way home from teaching a class. All of my dash lights went out, my head lights went out and I was driving dark on I-82! I pulled off to the side of the road and then the truck died. Luckily we have some wrecker operators in the family and I called my sister-in-law for a tow. Kenny took the alternator out took it to the store had it tested and since it was under warranty got it replaced for free and installed the new one. My truck works now! Without waiting for his dad to fix it, without paying a mechanic even without buying a new part.

Thank you Mr. Fix-It, this weekend we need to get the sprinkler system ready for the summer.

No comments: