Here's a poem that spoke to me, I have a feeling it speaks to my mom friends out there too.
I don't need a horror movie on a Friday night;
My house can give me willies, and fill me with such fright!
A fear that though my friends can finish work and go have fun,
No matter what I ever do, I never will be done!
For when I get the dishes washed, I find when I look up,
The shelves are in such disarray, there's room for not a cup!
And all my jobs go round and round with no advance ahead,
I just pick up where leaving off, is all that can be said.
The army of wet sheets come down in never ending race;
Invaded, clean clothes pile out and swamp our living space,
No sooner can I fold them up and get them put away,
Than soggy soldiers rise again to fill another day!
But when I stop and think about it, wasn't it my choice?
Didn't I say I want these kids, with my own very voice?
And don't I have a good time spending hours with each one?
Well then, who cares if all this housework never does get done!
1977 Rosemary Gwaltney
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment