We had parent/teacher conferences today. They went very well. We got some smart cookies in the family. I have to take the opportunity to brag before they become lazy middle school students.
Ainsley is right on schedule, she's counting from 1 to 100+. She knows all her ABC's and letter sounds. Frequent word recognition is high. Her teacher is anticipating that Ainsley is right on track for 1st grade.
We did have some out of character issues with Ainsley this last month, some lying and testing of boundaries. I've noticed similar things at home. It seems to be resolving though, I wonder if she was having a growth spurt or something.
Chloe's report was glowing, way above average on reading and math. She stays on task, she goes out of her way to help others (even kids that are so slow they usually are ostracized), she saves work that doesn't get completed during work times and finishes it on her own during free time. Highly independent and motivated to be a good student. Her teacher sees her on track for the spectrum program and doesn't foresee anything changing that.
So here I am glowing with pride. We must do something right here, or maybe they got some good genes from Kenny. Lord knows I was never a good student. Finishing work during free time, thats crazy talk.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Free time? As "Weird Al" put it best... those were the good ol' days
Post a Comment