Monday, March 10, 2008

New Couch

Well, I finally got a new couch. It's much nicer than the old one simply because of the lack of stains. But this one is microfiber for easy cleaning and (oh JOY) the back cushions are firmly attached to it to prevent kids from taking them off every 2 minutes. I've been eying it since sometime last summer. Fred Meyer is carrying pieces of Ashley Furniture in its home department and the little sofa caught my attention when it was 600.00. But, as all things, it was way at the bottom of the list of things to do, so, I pushed the desire to buy it away and continued on. Well, thats not entirely true, it remained in my radar. I kept thinking that perhaps one of my classes could pay for it or maybe I could get a doula job or two.

The great thing about this sofa is that it's comfortable for shorties like myself. With so many couches, either my feet don't touch the floor or I have to lean way back in the seat for my back to rest on the back cushions. Both of these options are uncomfortable after a bit, but my new couch fits me just fine. I can sit upright with my feet touching the floor. It's so nice! When I was shopping around a clerk asked me if he could help me find something. When I said a couch for short people, he smiled and said I only have one or two of those, both of which I didn't like much. But here, Freddie's had this brown one that still had my attention.

I went online the other night to peruse some furniture stores and I checked Fred Meyers and behold my sofa was on sale. It was 400.00. 200 dollars lower than when I last checked on it... but the sale ended that night. So I headed off an hour before the store closed and bought it.

Our stinky dirty old couch is still in the living room. Ainsley wants me to take a picture of it so we don't forget it. :) It sounded silly when she said it. But after a bit, I will miss the tired ugly thing.

No comments: