

We got a tremendous amount of work done in the back yard this weekend. I was preparing for nasty weather but unlike the weatherman predicted it was quite beautiful for the majority of Saturday and Sunday. Like typical spring weather it was sunny skies with a short bout of heavy rain here and there.
We installed a standpipe in the future garden area. I did a considerable amount of weeding and Kenny laid all the sprinkler lines for the remainder of the backyard. Now we plan on filling in the trenches, tilling some nutrients into the soil and laying sod.
We've had 3 estimates for a fence done... 2 have come back. The price difference is pretty staggering. The first bid we got came in at 3300. Which is incredible, I'm going to call today to see if I can see some of his work. The second one we got from Freedom Fence, a much larger company, at about 4100, almost a thousand more. We had Frontier Fence come out, I've not heard back from them yet, but I assume they'll be close or over the 4100. The Frontier guy was even preping me for a very expensive bid (blah blah blah, my fence boards don't have any holes in them, the posts are uber deep with tons of concrete, the rails are bolted to the posts. So what am I looking for? Well, steel posts that are deep (which all of the guys have told me so far) and 3 rails (they've all told me that too) But, other than the bragging about quality boards, they've all basically given me the same pony show, the Frontier Fence guy just made a BIGGER deal about his pony.
It'll be nice to let the dog out in the back yard to romp and play. He's so stressed out watching us outside from the back window. He's already made 5 escapes this spring, all of which were during our active times outside (they just drive him batty)

4 comments:
We just did this last year. We got 6 or 7 bids and J & A Fencing came in at the cheapest (quite a bit less than most,) offering all the bells and whistles everybody else did. Frank (owner) is really nice and they did a great job, and fast. All said I would recommend him to anybody.
It's looking awesome already. We were impressed to see Kenny out there right along with you this past weekend! :-) It will be so nice to finally have a fence, Malcolm will be one happy dog.
J and A is who gave us the lowest bid, I think I like him the best anyway
Luckily I don't have to deal with fences just yet. That is the luxury of owning a condo. Of course, that is almost the only luxury! Hehe! Good luck on the fence, looks like quite a chore. Oh, and I completely understand about the laundry thing, and we don't even have kids yet!!
Post a Comment