I love sewing costumes... you can sew like ass and still get a decent looking costume made. I'm making my mesmer costume right now and I think it's pretty good. Shoddy sewing and no measuring or pining - but it looks like a mesmer 15k enchanters armor. Ya the +60 chamise :)
It's better pieced together than some store bought thing and even though it's practically a nightgown at least it's not see through like the flimsy Egyptian (gouald) outfit I paid lots of money for last October.
I'm basically done with the outfit, just have to sew up the Karcaws Minions cape and touch up some accessories. I have great earrings that my friend Maylyn got me but no holes in my head to put them in. I have to raid some craft stores and see if I can't get some clip on adapters or something.
I picked up some overalls and sweatshirts for Nic and Kenny. Nic decided that they were going as Mario and his brother :) So I am happy to oblige with such an easy request. Ainsley's Dr. Who garb was as simple as a trip to the thrift store, while Chloe's dalek outfit has become a challenge for thought (how do I make it so she can sit down in it at school?)
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope that you'll post some pictures once you're all done.
Post a Comment