Kenny and I finished the HBO syndicate Six Feet Under, showing on Bravo. Bravo is kind enough to play 3 episodes weekly so it's not too hard to get through the series in a relatively short amount of time.
Six Feet Under is a dark comedy/drama about a family run funeral home run by the Fishers. The father dies and the two sons inherit the family business. The series takes you through the individual lives of the Fisher family members. How they respond to tragedy and how they help each other through some tough times. While sometimes the amount of "real life" reflection may seem over the top, the show does a good job portraying moments of life that we all try to hide from others. It questions some of our human and cultural rituals and explains others.
I have to admit I was hooked from episode one. The Fisher Family is one of those families that you love simply because, for the most part, they make even my family look normal. Every character has traits that I love and hate. All of them have their little crazy moments (or years) and I actually began acting like a family member as I got into the series because I knew better than they did about how they should be acting or what so and so should of done.
Anyway I highly recommend watching the series. Set your TIVO for Six Feet Under, Bravo will restart the series tonight with the first 3 episodes. They will show them again next Monday in case you don't set your TIVO in time.
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment