Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Theme of the Weekend: Being Late

Saturday morning started off great with the sudden realization that we were supposed to be at the Bethlehem Lutheran Fall Frolic Marathon/Mid Columbia Duck Race for a Gymnastics Exhibition.

"Do we have enough time to get there?"
"Where is your exhibition leotard?"
"Do I have rubberbands for her hair?"

My goodness what a commotion. We woke up at 10:10 we were supposed to be in Columbia Park at 10 and the show started at 10:30. I even told a teary eyed Chloê that we weren't going to make it. But after we got everything together Chloê and I jumped in the car to give it a try. We made it. Got there with a few minutes to spare even... then the thing was running late and the kids were freezing in their leotards waiting for the show to start.

The kids and I spent the rest of the day in the sun with Evan and Kids, launching rockets. It was great fun! Little did I realize that the sun and no breakfast/no lunch and no beverages on top of my cold was absoutly killing me. I was not well that evening it took a lot of water and rest to get back to being able to function.

The next morning, today, I woke up fine. Mowed the lawn. Raked the big truck ruts up even. Scooped poo. Then I was resting with the kids, they still weren't dressed, when I got a call from Analiese. "Are you comming to the party?" Oh crap! We forgot about Max's birthday party. So we quickly threw the kids in some clothes and I dropped them off at the party (almost an hour late) and went to go get a birthday present. I hate being late :(

No comments: