Monday, September 25, 2006

GuildWars Nightfall

I was pretty busy this weekend... weeding the back yard in preparation for the dirt delivery at the end of the week, birthday parties, dinner parties, Kenny's tremendous amount of homework and the Preview Weekend for GuildWars Nightfall.

The new game is going to be very cool. Great monsters, costumes, weapons and skills await us at the end of October. The bestest thing about the new expansion is the addition of a controllable henchman called a "hero". With each of the Hero's you control you get a small status menu with their skillbar and other information on it. You can pick the hero's next skill used and with the help of a flag system you can move your hero to specific areas of the map to either wait for a pull or to send a hero out to pull or to split perhaps a party of 5 that you control entirely to fight separate groups or to pin monsters in somewhere. It's a great feature, it makes solo gaming more feasable for those that just want to pop on occasionally and play a few quests. I love the new character Paragon, it feels somewhat like a warrior/monk type character with ranged attacks. The skills are all very well designed and fit into the game perfectly. I didn't get the opportunity to play a Dervish but Kenny seemed to like it a lot. I think I'll be very happy with both characters and I need to get a move on getting a prebuy game right quick!

Even though I didn't get too much game time in this weekend I did get enough in to make a small montage of clips taken during gameplay during the preview. I hope you enjoy it even if you're not gw's gamers :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Would I have to own the previous expansion to play this one? Or does it just require the basic GW game?
(I reinstalled the other day, but I haven't played it again yet.)

flarin_erin said...

ya you have to get each expansion. That's how they get their money since they don't do the monthly charge.

It's available for preorder for 49.99

The best way to arrange playing of guildwars (at least with our guild) is to email me and make a play date. :D I'd love to help you finish Prophecies! I'm sure Rachel would like to finish one of these days too.

flarin_erin said...

But every expansion you own, opens up the seperate continents to other characters.

So Prophecies characters can travel to either Elona or Cantha depending on which expansions you own and Nightfall characters can go to Tyria if you own Prophecies as well.