Thursday, September 28, 2006

Those Schmidt's are Trouble!

So yesterday we had a visit from our neighborhood firemen. Apparantly when we burned off our tumbleweeds (which is the only yard waste you can burn) the smoke was so bad that the whole development was concerned about what was happening in our backyard. My next door neighbor said that people were lined up and down the street, barefoot even, trying to get close enough to see if it was a controlled fire. I'm sorry we caused such a commotion but with the dirt coming tomorrow we needed to get rid of the car sized nusances in the back yard.

The fireman suggested that we do our burns before dusk so that we attract less attenion next time and that we keep the fire small. And if we do a large burn like last night we should call them so when they get called at the station they can tell the worried callers that we are burning off tumbleweeds. Hopefully we never have to do a fire like that again, but you never know.

I took pictures before we started, but when the blaze got a goin' I was entranced by the dancing flames :) It took me a bit to start helping Kenny toss on more tumbleweeds.

Here's a few before pictures. All of these weeds are gone now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy. I bet it's nice to not have to look at those suckers anymore. Gonna just bury the ashes? That's funny that you had so many onlookers and what the firemen said. :D