Thursday, August 03, 2006

Camp Fire is Rolling Along

I called the Mid Columbia Library today and was happy to discover that yes, my club can use the meetings rooms there. I'm so excited about that! The one on Union is probably the most central location for all of the intereseted parties so it should work out nicely.

I recieved another guide book, this one is for the younger group of kids 3-5, Little Stars. It looks fun and the little patches the kids earn are so cute.

So if you don't know too much about campfire, it's a club like boy scouts except that it is co-ed. Their program philosophy is: 1. They are youth centered. 2. They engage the entire family in fun and outcome-rich activities. 3. They are welcoming and inclusive. 4. They build youth and adult partnerships. 5. They provide service to others.

The kids go through trails to earn an emblem. One trail takes about 3 meeting plans to finish.
"The Trail to Knowing Me" is the first trail in the Little Stars Packet which includes 3 meetings... My family and me, I am one of a kind and I'm growing everyday... which are all great projects to work with 3-5 year olds on. And the art projects involved will be a tremendous help with the Little Stars motor skills.

No comments: