I've been on the hunt for an inclusive program for my kids to belong to. I was a Camp Fire Blue Bird in my youth so I began there. Shockingly the counsil here has disolved and the Inland Northwest Counsil in Spokane has taken over the region. I wasn't sure at first if I could get enough interest to start a satelight group, I had started to make alternate plans to join 4-H. But I think I've gathered enough kids up, hopefully not too many.I've contacted the counsil leader in Spokane and told her I had enough kids to start a group and she is going to come into town and train me and another interested mom to start up the program.
Interested kids are all in the K-2 grade range so we'll start out with the young child program STARflight. We probably have enough younger siblings in the group to start a LittleStars program as well. But one step at a time I suppose.
picture to the right of Boy Scout, Camp Fire Girl and Smokey

No comments:
Post a Comment