Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Craft Night
So it's time again for me to make a fool of myself and attempt another craft night. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with a "craft" to do at this craft night. For most crafters this wouldn't be difficult. But all my projects are in a scale that are not acceptable at a craft party. You can't by supplies for most things I like to do at a craft store... I have to go to a Hardware store. So projects I have waiting to be done: Sanding the kids toddler beds and painting them white, finishing the dresser I bought Ainsley, making new hardware for the dresser. The Foundry Hobby I'd like to get started on, some resin 3D Settler's of Catan pieces, Re-Framing a Mirror thats been in the garage for a year, building a little shelf for the living room etc. etc. you get the picture. I thought about attempting to make the hardware for Ainsley's dresser out of polymer clay, but I'd hate to show up with a project that I have not experimented with first. The resin 3D moulding would of been interesting to do in a room full of beading and needlepoint ladies. So I've reverted back to a hobby I've lost interest in, Knitting... I've not lost interest in it because I don't like it. It's just a pretty expensive hobby, and I'm pretty cheap! But I went and bought a skein of yarn and some fattamous needles and I plan on doing a safe scarf. It's been a year since I've knitted anything, but it seems that I can still do it. I've already checked my gauge and have knitted the first few rows to get started so I don't have to spend a lot of time trying to figure out stuff tonight. Heck I even went as far as winding my skein into a nice ball. I should be all set... wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment