Monday, May 01, 2006

Wisdom Teeth

You're so blessed, I'm posting twice today!

Yes, I just got back from the oral surgeon and the trip merits a post. Everything went as I expected, they took a panoramic x-ray and got my health history and explained to me the procedure, risks and care I'll need following the operation. It was all straight forward and pretty general.

I went to go set up an appointment and figure out what my co-pay will be at the time of the surgery. The surgery to have all 4 wisdom teeth extracted will cost $2033.00! ! ! My maximum allowable benifits for the current year is 1500.00 and I've used 615.25 of that. They will pay 884.75 which means I owe 1148.25 at the time of the appointment. :P Blech!!!! Luckily the appointment is 2 months away so I can pad my checking a bit before then but still. Ouch!

Stupid wisdom teeth! you could've been a new patio set :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeouch that sounds painful... the money aspect I mean. I had mine pulled a year ago with little to no swelling (Thankfully, had 4 impacted right near the jaw bone) The worst part was the vertigo when I came out of the general anestiesiac (I didnt want to remember a thing). Hopefully things go as smoothly for you as well. Cheers you only have to have it done once so be glad :).

Skylar said...

I'll echo what Draxis said. OUCH that will be financially painful for sure.

I too had mine pulled a little over a year ago, though I only had two upper ones. To be honest, I remember very little of the drive from the surgeon back home (Almost an hour). My wife tells me that I was demanding a milkshake but the doctor told her no. I vaguely remember getting up out of the chair, but I don't remember getting out of the dental office into the car and home. It's kinda freaky when ya think about it.

Hope things go as well for you as they did for me.