Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Entomologistita

Ainsley is petting her pet cockroach. She says she's playing with it. It sits in her hand on her lap as she watches TV. Wierdo! My future entomologist. I broke her cage yesterday while trying to clean it out... so he's in a temporary bug catching container It barely fits his water bowl and some bedding. I'll have to replace it for her. I think I'll get some cockroach bedding this time. He's not too happy with the hamster stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, you need to get out more. This is proof. Your child has a really creepy pet.

flarin_erin said...

What can I say... She really loves bugs. I mean really loves them. She can spend hours looking for bugs, closely scanning the ground in a small section of the yard. She'll bring me a full cup of pill bugs and other random beetles :) Since she's so into entomology I imagine that the cockroach won't be her last "pet" bug.

This is a pet cockroach, bred in a controlled environment bought from a pet dealer. It is a wingless variety who's natural habitat is under brush in Madagascar eating leaves. It's basically a huge pill bug. Heck I think it's probably cleaner than my other daughters hamster.

It is kinda creepy but not as creepy as this

Babyfro said...

Awww, she's so cute!!