Friday, February 06, 2009

Catch Up Day

All week long I let the chores slip. They're just at the very bottom of the priority list. Homework and kids activities come first, and I enjoy a few breaks to rest my brains once in a while. So, on Monday the house looks okay but by Thursday someone might think a train with cats and dogs and kids crashed into my house. Friday is catch up day, it's the day when I try to prepare the house for a weeks worth of family activities and neglect. Nic just showed me the toilet upstairs, there was mold growing in it. Stinky blue gross stuff. It's not my fault right, I'm not the one that forgets to flush it. *sigh* I am very happy that my homework load this weekend is not excessive. It'll give me more time to really catch up.

Like everyone, money has gotten pretty tight. The car has died, it blew a water gasket. I guess the part is cheap but it'll take us a long time to get to the part to replace it. It was only two weeks ago we changed the starter. The heater is still broken, and one of the rear seat belts doesn't work anymore. We can't afford a new car, so we'll just keep nursing this one along, or I'll continue to drive Kenny to work. Maybe, he can start riding his bike again when the weather warms up a bit more, that'll help.

I'll probably only be able to take 2 classes next quarter, because of the money. There is one class next quarter that is available only once every two years. So, that one is at the top of my list. Also, a math class, I'm not sure if I can really advance yet. I think I'll pass, but it's not very secure in old noggin'. I wish the class was 1 week slower :) I feel like by the time I really start to understand something we move on to the next thing. They offer it online I think, that may be a good option for me. Who knows though, maybe at the end of this class I'll feel better about the material we covered.

Time to get started on the overhaul! Dishes, Laundry, Litterbox here I come!

No comments: