Monday, October 06, 2008

Russian Woman with Child



My latest drawing for Art 110. It's not an "how to" class. There is no class time devoted to art instruction. We do, however, have take home projects where we just do our best. We can use any medium, and we draw it as good or as crappy as we can. I figure If I'm going to put effort into something, it should at least look nice enough to keep. Anyway, this is my first art class since 7th grade. That was in 92' if you were wondering. I'm pretty happy with my drawing.

The assignment was to take an image from current news and 're draw' it on an 8x10 sheet or larger. I found this picture of a Russian woman with her child taken shortly after the issue in Georgia. I used chalk on drawing paper.

1 comment:

Mrs Squid said...

Wow..
and you wanna geek for a living ? oh wait.. :)

moo

color me impressed..