Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Return of the NightWalker

Nic has been coming downstairs again... but I have suspected that it's more of a 4:30/5 AM thing instead of a midnight thing.

To pro-actively parent our little early bird, we set up a motion alarm in the front room. With a 120dB alarm we were sure to scare the pants of the little guy and help keep him in his room until we got up in the morning.

We were LOUDLY awoken by the alarm at 4:30ish and we came downstairs to see our little marauders reaction. But we couldn't find him right away... we looked downstairs, in his bed and in Chloe's bed. He was hiding under that ugly green chair in our living room. Apparently the alarm frightened him a bit. He came out on his own and held my hand as I walked him to his room. I talked with him about why we got the alarm, and reminded him that he was to stay in his bed until Mommy and Daddy got up.

He was shaken up and shakily said, "You should not buy that [alarm]" I helped him to his bed and then we all went back to sleep. Chloe waited until we got up to leave her room (she heard the alarm earlier in the morning and knew the downstairs was boobie traped). Nic actually slept in later than we did.

No comments: