I just finished watching the last Avatar episode. I have to say, it IS the best epic story ever! What a fantastic ending to an awesome story. **grits teeth** I want you all to see it, so not going to do any spoilers.
Everyone I know likes stories such as LOTR and StarWars... if you like these type of stories you will LOVE Avatar. One of the few animated series with a continuous story line and adventure around every corner.
The world alone captures my attention. A world full of elementalists, Air Benders, Fire Benders, Earth Benders and Water Benders all separated by nations. The Avatar a master of all the elements must maintain balance on the world.
The show starts out with a water tribe girl named Katara, and her brother, Sokka, found the next Avatar frozen in an iceberg in The Southern Water Tribe. They leave The Southern Water Tribe to help the Avatar, a 12 year old boy named Aang, master all of the other elements so he can defeat the Firelord, the ruler of the Fire Nation (which for the past hundred years has been working to control the world). You follow Aang, Katara, and Sokka as they journey through the world making new friends and enemies.
The story and characters are sure to draw you in from the first episode you watch. Avatar is phenominal, I highly recommend watching it.
Here's a Show Trailer I like
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Did they finally finish off the season?! Last we heard the writer's strike had stopped the season from continuing (last fall) and we didn't get to see any more episodes. That's what we get for turning off the satellite dish. I guess we'll be searching the internet for the final episodes. Thanks for the heads-up! This is Nate's favorite show.
I started watching this for a while, but lost the thread clear back in book 1. I haven't been able to find any episodes from that book since, and the DVD's are expensive for something I'll probably only watch once.
I agree, it really was a GREAT story. I'm very happy to say it's one that actually was well thought out from beginning to end, and it DID end. So many of the cartoon series never really follow a story through let alone finish it up. I'm glad Nickelodeon played this through. I can't wait for Chris to get old enough to truly enjoy it as well.
Post a Comment