Monday, June 02, 2008

Tasty Steak

I had a small yard sale this last Saturday. It went pretty well giving that I didn't put a lot of time into preparing for it. My mom came over to help and the yard sale made about 300.00 after expenses (permit, ad).

My sister-in-law and family came over for dinner afterwards and my mom and I went to buy steaks for grilling. We decided on trying out the butcher shop on court street. Knudson's Meats. Since we had quite a few people coming over we picked up a grab back of steaks, chicken breasts, burgers and the biggest hot dogs you've ever seen.

I soaked 3 of the steaks in Worcestershire sauce for a few hours and then we grilled up the burgers the dogs and the steaks. They were absolutely the best steaks I have ever had in my life. They were tender and delicious, and 1 steak actually was more than enough for two people. After I was full I had to remind myself that just because the steak is so delicious, that doesn't mean I needed more. I didn't have a hot dog, but Kathy tried one and gave the same sentiment about the dogs.

I spent 45.00 on this BBQ pack, it was enough meat for my family for a month. If we would've had that at a restaurant it would of easily been a 25.00 meal. Anyway, if your interested in trying out a butcher shop instead of WalMart. I highly recommend Knudson's Butcher Shop on Court Street.

***
I grilled 3 steaks, 4 adults ate 2 steaks and there was 1 left over. The next day I made mouth watering steak omlets for breakfast and for dinner I used the other half to make a cool, crisp salad with warm steak strips and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. It was heavenly.

3 comments:

Shayla said...

Good to know. We are always on the lookout for the "perfect steak". I've seen that store and wondered repeatedly if I should stop in and give it a try...now I will.

Shayla said...

Oh, and I'm so bummed I missed out on our chance to "combine" yard sales with you guys. We need to do that and I DON'T WANT TO. $300 is definitely worth the trouble.

matthias said...

I like stakes.