Tuesday, May 20, 2008

60 minutes

We had Kenny's bike tunned up last week and suddenly his ride time is reduced to only an hour. He commented on how easy it is now and actually how much fun it is. So, if you're thinking about trying bike commuting I strongly recommend that you your bike in to the shop to be tuned up before you even start.

I'm glad alternate transportation is working well for him. While I've reduced the gas use in the truck to just 1 fill up every 3 weeks, it was still $85.00 to fill it up yesterday :P With the bus stop so far, I still have no good solution to everyday errands.

I think I need a new bike, mine is 10 yrs old 5 or 6 of which it spent outside in a weedy desert back yard. I've been looking at buying Ken a commuter bike and then taking his (which is really a womans mountain bike) and using it for my own selfish needs.

---

I pre-ordered Rock Band for the Wii, something I thought I'd never do. It was just a lot easier than Guitar Hero. Ainsley was playing it at Smoovies the other day and she picked it up on the first try. I think our family will have a great time with it. We also bought Mario Kart, I just couldn't think of any good reason to keep the one we borrowed from our neighbors any longer. And Wii Fit is coming out now... my Wii the money pit!

2 comments:

Maylyn said...

Have you seen the underwater adventure and the ski game that are also out?

Shayla said...

Fun, can't wait to try the new Rock Band when it comes out. We'll have to get the kids connected with Mario Kart so they can play each other from home. :-) Although, I'm sure that just won't be as fun as coming over to each other's houses and playing. Seriously, the Wii is a money pit, but a fun one.